Central is providing free health insurance up to Rs.5 lakh to all children up to 18 years People who have lost both their parents to Covid-19 Union Youth Affairs Minister Anurag Thakur had announced this on 4 August. The benefits of this scheme will be the plan of the meal posted in the getaway social media or the disease will occur due to spoilage.
कोविड से प्रभावित बच्चों के देखभाल हेतु उठाए कदमों के तहत 18 साल तक के बच्चों को आयुष्मान भारत के तहत 5 लाख रुपये का मुफ्त स्वास्थ्य बीमा दिया जाएगा और इसके प्रीमियम का भुगतान पीएम केयर्स द्वारा किया जाएगा। #MonsoonSession https://t.co/Gxpj7sFlYV pic.twitter.com/kfa7fTWigq
— Office of Mr. Anurag Thakur (@Anurag_Office) August 4, 2021
The post also attached an image detailing the specifics of the initiative to “provide care and protection to children affected by COVID-19”:
- Help will be provided by PM Cares to children who have lost parents or legal guardians or adoptive parents due to COVID-19.
- Such children will get monthly stipend till the age of 18 years and on attaining the age of 23 years will get a fund of Rs 10 lakh.
- This scheme is available online at pmcaresforchildren.in.
- Children up to 18 years will be given free health insurance of Rs 5 lakh under Ayushman Bharat and its premium will be paid by PM Cares.
- The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act provides protection to children in distress.
Notably, Ayushman Bharat, the government’s flagship scheme, was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018, while the PM-CARES for children scheme was launched on May 29, 2021.
The scheme aims to support children who lost both their parents or adoptive parents or legal guardians to COVID-19 from March 2020